ahya.org > English Resources

Purification of the Soul

From the Fruits of Taqwa

Page 3 of 5 |  << Previous | NEXT >>

[11] It is also a means by which a believer does good actions, and a cause for them to be accepted by Allaah. Likewise it is a forgiveness of sins.

Allaah, the Most High, says, O you who believe! Have Taqwaa (fear) of Allaah and always speak the truth. He will direct you to do righteous and correct actions and will forgive you your sins and whosoever obeys Allaah and His Messenger has indeed attained a great achievement. [1]

[12] Indeed Taqwaa causes a believer to lower his voice in front of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) whether that was during his life time or after his death.

Allaah, the Most High, says, Indeed those who lower their voices in the presence of Allaah’s Messenger they are the ones whose hearts, Allaah has tested for Taqwaa (piety), for them is forgiveness and a great reward. [2]

[13] Indeed Taqwaa causes a believer to attain Allaah’s Love, and this love which Allaah bestows upon the believers is for this life and the Hereafter.

The Messenger of Allaah  (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said that Allaah said: “There is no better way in which my servant comes close towards Me, except by the things I have made obligatory for him. And my servants who do the optional actions, keep on coming towards Me, until I Love him, and if I Love him, I become his hearing by which he hears, and his sight by which he sees, and his hand, by which he grasps with, and his feet by which he walks with, and if he asks Me, indeed I will grant him, and if he seeks protection in me, I will indeed protect him.."[3]

Allaah, the Most High, says, Yes, whosoever fulfils his pledge and has Taqwaa (fear) of Allaah much, then indeed, Allaah loves those who are muttaqoon (righteous and God fearing). [4]

[14] Taqwaa causes a believer to attain knowledge, and it is the key to knowledge.

Allaah, the Most High, says, So have Taqwaa of Allaah, and Allaah teaches you, and Allaah is the All-Knower of each and everything.[5]

[15] Taqwaa causes a believer to become strong. A person who has Taqwaa will be protected from deviation, and straying from the Right Path, after Allaah has bestowed the guidance upon him.

Allaah, the Most High, says, And verily, this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not other paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has instructed for you, that you may become al-muttaqoon. [6]

[16] Indeed Taqwaa causes a believer to attain Allaah’s Mercy and this Mercy is for this life and the Hereafter.

Allaah, the Most High, says, And My Mercy embraces all things, that (mercy) I shall ordain for those who are the muttaqoon, and give zakaat; and those who believe in our Signs. [7]

[17] Taqwaa causes the believer to attain Allaah’s company, and this is of two types:

1. The first is general for all of His servants, where Allaah accompanies them by His Hearing, Seeing and Knowledge for verily, Allaah, the Most High, is the All-Hearer, Seer, and Knower of all His servants condition.

Allaah, the Most High, says, And He is with you wherever you may be. [8]

Have you not seen that Allaah knows whatsoever is in the heavens and the Earth! There is no secret counsel of three, but He is their fourth (with his knowledge, while He Himself is over the throne, above the seventh heaven) nor of five, but He is their sixth not of less then that or more, but He is with them wherever they may be. [9]

2. As for the second type, it is a specific type of accompanying which includes Allaah’s help, support and aid.

As Allaah, the Most High stated, Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allaah is with us. [10]

He (Allaah) said Fear not Verily I am with you both (Moosaa and Haaroon), Hearing and Seeing. [11]

There is no doubt that this specific type of accompanying is for those who fear Allaah.

Surely! Allaah is with those, who have Taqwaa (fear) of Him, and those who are the doers of good. [12]

And know that indeed Allaah is with those who fear him [13]

[18] Indeed they will have a good outcome on the Day of Judgement due to their Taqwaa of Allaah.

Allaah, the Most High, says, And the good end (Paradise) is for the muttaqoon. [14]

And verily, for the muttaqoon is a good final return. [15]

So be patient. Surely the good end is for the muttaqoon [16]

[19] Indeed it causes the believer to have glad tidings in this life, either by it being a righteous dream or by the love and praise, which the people have for him.

Allaah, the Most High, says, Those who believed and used to fear Allaah, for them are glad tidings, in this life of the present world, and in the Hereafter. [17]

Imaam Ahmad reported, from Aboo Dardaa that the Prophet  (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said with regards to Allaah's statement, For them are Glad tidings

"That it is the true good dream (that conveys glad tidings) which the Muslim will see, or he will be seen in it by someone else. [18]

Aboo 'Umar al-Ghafaare radhi Allahu anhu reported that he asked the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) : "O Messenger of Allaah ! What about the man who does deeds which the people praise and commend him for?" The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) replied: "That is the good news in this life for the believer." [19]

[20] Taqwaa prevents a women from speaking softly, thus stopping a man who has a sickness in his heart (i.e. an evil desire for adultery).

Allaah, the Most High, says, O Wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allaah), than be not soft in speech, lest he, in whose heart is a disease, should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner. [20]

[21] Indeed, it prevents injustice in matters of wealth (e.g.  a will, testament etc.)

Allaah, the Most High, says, It is prescribed for you, when death approaches any of you, if he leaves wealth, that he make a bequest to parents and next of kin, according to reasonable manners, this is a duty upon the muttaqoon (the pious) [21]

[22] It causes the believer to give the divorced woman her prescribed compensation.

Allaah, the Most High, says, And for the divorced women, maintenance (should be provided) on a reasonable (scale), this is a duty on the muttaqoon (the Pious) [22]

[23] Indeed it causes a believer not to lose good rewards, which he has gained, for this life or the Hereafter.

Allaah, the Most High, says - after He had bestowed His blessings upon Yoosuf, 'alayhis-salaam, by uniting him with his family:

Verily, he who fears, Allaah with obedience to Him, and is patient, then surely, Allaah makes not the rewards of the good-doers to be lost.[23]

[24] Indeed it causes a believer to gain guidance.

Allaah, the Most High, says, Alif Laam Meem. This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are the muttaqoon. Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what we have provided for them.[24]

Those are upon (right) guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are successful.[25]

[1] Soorah al-Ahzab (33): 70-71

[2] Soorah al-Hujarat (49): 3

[3] Saheeh al-Bukhari (english trans.) vol.8, Hadeeth no. 509.

[4] Soorah al-Imran (3): 76

[5] Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 282

[6] Soorah al-An'aam (6): 153

[7] Soorah al-A'raf (7): 156

[8] Soorah al-Hadid (57): 4

[9] Soorah al-Mujadalah (58): 7

[10] Soorah at-Taubah (9): 40

[11] Soorah Ta-Ha (20): 46

[12] Soorah an-Nahl (16): 128

[13] Soorah at-Taubah (9): 36

[14] Soorah Ta-Ha (20): 132

[15] Soorah Sad (38): 49

[16] Soorah Hud (11): 49

[17] Soorah Yunus (10): 63-64

[18] Musnad Imaam Ahmed and Sunan at-Tirmidhi.

[19] Saheeh Muslim (english trans.) Hadeeth no.6388

[20] Soorah al-Ahzab (33): 32

[21] Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 180

[22] Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 241

[23] Soorah Yusuf (12): 90

[24] Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 1-3

[25] Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 5

» It hurts us to see people die on Shirk «